In order to determine if the website is up to date as far as SEO is concerned it is necessary to do proper SEO audit. Now it is always better to consult a good expert who can do the audit for you in the best possible way.
Now if you want to do the audit on your own then you need to take the help of certain tools which will make things easy for the auditor.
List of Main Tools required for SEO Audit:
- Google Page Speed Insight
- GT Metrix
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Google Mobile Friendliness Checker
- Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool
- Screaming Frog
- Web Page Word Counter
Now let us check where these tools can be used in the SEO audit:
- The ranking depends a lot on the loading speed of the website. You can check the same using the Google Page Speed Insight. With this tool, you can check how the website is loading and you can also check how the errors can be fixed.
- One more tool with the help of which you can check if the website is loading properly is the GT Metrix. Always remember that if your website loads faster then it will give a better experience to the user.
- Indexing of the website is very important in SEO. If you want to check the issues related to indexing then you can log into Google Search Console and check the same. Also after you have created sitemap.xml you need to submit the same in Google search console.
- Google Analytics is a free tool from Google which helps you get a clear idea about the number of visitors to your website. Now the main purpose of SEO is to get more number of visitors and Goolge Analytics helps you measure the same. After a campaign make use of this tool to determine how successful the campaign was.
- For better rankings, it is important that the website is mobile-friendly. Check the same with the tool Google Mobile Friendliness Checker.
- Structured data is the additional information that you see next to the website and the meta description. Your SEO strategy needs to make use of structured data for better rankings. For this, you can make use of Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool.
- You can make use of Screaming Frog tool to check the HTTP response, check duplicate meta title and description tags, to check the header tags. It is also useful to find the missing image alt attributes on the website.
- Find the number of words in the website by making use of Web Page Word Counter. This is important to find if the average content length is being satisfied.
- Broken inbound links can also create problems. You can make use of use Ahrefs broken link explorer in order to check for the broken links. Backlink profile is important in SEO. The same tool can be used to check the backlink profile.